A house full of celebrities with cameras all around. What more do TV buffs need? There’s fighting, love, hatred, friendship, betrayal, drama and whatever else that’s required to make the cameras turn and enthrall the audience. It’s like a live Bollywood movie with millions of fans. Though, most of us already know a lot about the show due to its extensive coverage, there are certain things we might have never paid attention to.
Let’s have a look at some of the interesting things you should know about one of the biggest reality TV shows there is, Bigg Boss:
1. Tanisha Mukherjee, from Bigg Boss 7, has been nominated for eviction most number of times in the history of the show.
Since then, he has been to jail once.
3. Gautam Gulati is the youngest Bigg Boss contestant to win the title. Aged 27, he was the winner of Bigg Boss 8.
4. Season 4 was the only installment of the show which had a wedding in it. Sara Khan tied the knot with co-contestant Ali Merchant.
She was part of Bigg Boss 5 for 8 weeks. Wow! So much hatred in just 2 months.
6. Navjot Singh Sidhu, on the other hand, holds the record for staying inside the house the longest without any eviction votes.
He was just as classy inside the Bigg Boss house as he is everywhere else.
7. Season 3 was the shortest season with running time of just 84 days.
8. If you don’t count the Bigg Boss Halla Bol extension in season 8, season 7 ran for longest time. 105 days in total.
There have been many impactful ones though, like Ajaz Khan. But he messed it up when he was given the chance again next season.
10. It is rumoured that contestants who need alcohol are given liquor in juice boxes.
Dimpi Mahajan stated that she had requested her sister to buy her apparel from Dubai and send it over. But that never happened, so she borrowed from Karishma Tanna and Sonali Raut. Poor souls!
13. The contestants also run out of ration at times and had to survive on bad-tasting meals.
Sonali Raut claimed that they ate daal without salt or masala for days.
14. Pamela Anderson, who was a guest on the show, reportedly charged ₹ 2.5 crores for her 3-day stay in the house.
15. RJ Pritam saw his daughter walk for the first time when she came to see him on the show.